Test and Measurement Websites
ETS Test Link is a database of more than 25,000 tests and other measurement devices, most of which were created by authors outside ETS. It makes information on standardized tests and research instruments available to researchers, graduate students and teachers. With information about tests from the early 1900s to the present, ETS Test Link is the largest compilation of such materials in the world.Test Reviews Online allows you to search for references to test reviews published in the Mental Measurements Yearbook. Note that this database, like the Mental Measurements Yearbook, provides evaluations of tests, not the actual tests themselves.To purchase the actual test materials, you will need to contact the test publisher(s).
Pearson is a global provider of assessments for personality, behavior, ability, achievement, speech and language. Pearson provides distribution for the Wechsler family of assessments, the MMPI family of tests, the Beck inventories, the Millon inventories, the PPVT-4, the Bayley-III Scales of Infant and Toddler Development, the BASC family of products, and the Kaufman family of assessments, among many others.
The American Psychological Association's FAQ page on psychological tests. The site serves as a guide to information about how to select and locate published and unpublished tests.
Test and Measurement Books
Tests in Print VIII: An Index to Tests, Test Reviews, and the Literature on Specific Tests. (TIP)
REF BF698.5 .B878 2011
Tests in Print
(TIP) serves as a master index of all Buros publications. It attempts to provide a comprehensive listing and detailed description of every test that is currently available for purchase, and of many out-of-print tests (at the time of compilation of the set).
Z5814 P8 B932 1992
Mental Measurements Yearbook (MMY)
(18th edition according to website cannot be ordered)
The most well-known and authoritative index to published tests and measurements, the Mental Measurements Yearbook (MMY) consists of descriptive entries, references, and critical reviews of over 2000 commercially published educational, psychological, and vocational tests in the English language.
Advice for Searching the TIP and MMY
- If you know the title of the test, use the alphabetical page headings to go directly to the test entry.
- If you know the author of the test, consult the Index of Names and look up the author's titles until you find the test you want.
- If you know the test publisher, consult the Publishers Directory and Index to look up the publisher's titles until you find the test you want.
- If you are looking for a test that yields a particular kind of score, look up the score in the Score Index and locate the test or tests that include that score.
- If you do not know, cannot find, or are unsure of the title of a test, consult the Index of Titles for possible variants of the title or consult the appropriate subject area of the Classified Subject Index for other possible leads or for similar or related tests in the same area.